Marie Reverie’s FAQ!
I see your books are closed, when can I book an appointment with you?
I had to close my books to focus my attention on the appointments & designs I have currently on the schedule and to plan out the rest of my year. Unfortunately due to the pandemic I have had more rescheduling than ever and book out further at times to accommodate rescheduling. For updates on when my books will be open next, please refer back to my home page or see my bio on instagram.
On the date my books open, please email me with the following information:
• design idea(s). if submitting more than one, list them in the order preferred to help me choose 🙂
• inspiration images (if you have them) to show the design direction.
• a rough size estimate
• your availability during the week
Tattoo appointments are available 7 days a week 11am-5pm
I make myself available to tattoo seven days a week, so there will be no evening appointments scheduled at this time.
How do I book an appointment with you?
- Email! (MarieReverieDesign@gmail.com) Email is the best way to get in contact with me and now the only way to book a consultation and appointment. I can answer and access my email on all of my devices, phone, tablet and computers so I can answer your emails as frequently as humanly possible! It also makes my life easier when it comes to recovering our conversations when it comes time to design your piece. I will no longer be setting appointments via social media or text.
Do I need to book a consultation for my piece? It’s a really simple design….
- Pre pandemic, the answer was yes! Now, consultations are scheduled on a case by case basis. For more abstract and large scale pieces it’s best to schedule a phone or video call to go over inspiration, layout and get measurements.
- For large scale projects, we will schedule ALL sessions needed at once with at least two weeks between each appointment.
Do you require a deposit?
- I do require a deposit to book an appointment / hold a date and time for your appointment and to cover the design time needed for your piece up front. The minimum deposit is $60. Half sleeves are $80-100, full sleeves are $150, back pieces are $200. *Deposits are non refundable. They cover the design time up front and hold spots on my calendar. If you have a date on my calendar that a future client needed and could not book with me that is a client lost. If I start your design four weeks or four months before your scheduled appointment (depending on when inspiration strikes!) that is time I have used for YOU that I could have used for someone else on another design. I tattoo 5 days a week and draw all 7 🙂 so time is a very precious commodity! I respect that ideas change so deposits are transferable depending on the situation and used for a future appointment. For completely new designs a new deposit will be required. If there is ever an issue we can work through it, all I ask is you please respect my time ❤
Do you accept cards?
- Yes! I use square. There is a 3% fee for card transactions.
How Far out are you booked?
- This varies but I try to stay booked only 4-6 months out at a time.
I emailed you a week ago, why haven’t I heard back yet?
- I answer each email personally with as much information and thought as I can. It is just me and if I had the ability to tattoo, draw custom designs, eat, sleep and answer emails simultaneously I would be on it! I am on average a week behind on emails. I answer emails generally an hour in the morning and an hour at night. This varies as I may need to devote more time to designing and drawing with the clients that I have already booked. Once I respond to your email and we start a conversation I aim to respond within the 24 hours to keep up communication. I also keep an eye out for emails from clients that have an appointment coming up (like those asking for the design or need to reschedule etc.) so if you need to reach me regarding either, mention so in the first couple of lines in the email. If you have not heard back from me in more than two weeks, please feel free to reach out again. If it has been any less than 14 days, please do not resend emails! I answer them in the order they are received and if you email again both emails get put to the very top and it will take me even longer to respond! I am not ignoring you, I am overwhelmingly busy 99% of the time and I sincerely love and appreciate all of you and answer all that I can every single day!
Can I see my design before our scheduled appointment?
- Absolutely! I can definitely send over the design proposal before your scheduled appointment if the deposit (minimum of $60) has been received and your appointment(s) are on the schedule. I generally start planning designs 1 week before the appointment. This varies based on the size/complexity of the design. Sometimes I start and finish a design in an hour or a day. Sometimes I need to set it aside and come back to it. Gotta love the creative process! Every design and client interaction is different but I try to have the design completed between 2-4 days before the scheduled appointment. If you want to see the design, I appreciate it if YOU email me! I am extremely busy, so an email saved is an email earned! So if you want to see it reach out no earlier than the week of your appointment. Any changes that need to be made are often best done in person at the time of the scheduled appointment, to ensure the clearest communication. I can draw as needed with you and once approved we can immediately get to the tattooing!
Which leads me to my appointment schedule and how I break up my day (generally)
- For any large scale projects or pieces taking more than four hours- you are my only appointment that day. This means when you arrive at your scheduled appointment time we can take all the time we need to rework /finalize / alter / resize / fit your design. I don’t like having a deadline when doing such intricate work if I need to take my time, I am going to! We both want the bust possible outcome of your piece. I ask that you also have no other requirements the day of your appointment just in case we need more time on the front end.
- For designs that are less than four hours (and depending on the design and the client) I can take another small piece totaling in an hour or two. I will fit in small pieces where I can on my schedule but I do not tattoo more than 6 hours in a single day.
How much do you charge?
- I charge by the hour and my rate for large scale pieces is $150/hour for black work. For small pieces, I have an artist minimum of $100.
I see from your portfolio on Instagram you do mostly black work? Can you do color?
- I am not tattooing any full color pieces at this time. I can tattoo pops of color in some pieces by request but this must be approved by me prior to your appointment. The long and short of it is my artistic background is in pen and ink illustration. I do not draw regularly in color at this time so I am not tattooing with color at this time. My passion is for intricate ornamental line work, pen and ink illustrations, dot work and botanical illustrations. I used to paint and may get back into it someday but for now my artistic passion is solely with black ink! I will leave the full color pieces to the amazing and talented color artists in our area ❤
Are there any areas of the body you won’t tattoo?
- I do not tattoo hands / fingers, feet, or necks. In some cases depending on the design and the client, I can make an exception but as a rule, and for new clients I do not tattoo these areas.
Do you do cover ups?
- I do not do cover ups. My style doesn’t cover well!
Do you use vegan ink?
- I do have vegan ink! I also have an ink I use that I have not been able to confirm for sure is vegan, the brand is “Dynamic”, black ink. The vegan ink I have is Eternal, in a handful of different blacks.
- My color ink is Eternal ink garnished with some Fusion ink, both of which are advertised as vegan brands. Yay!
What days of the week do you tattoo?
- I make myself available for tattoo appointments 7 days a week from 11am – 5pm. For this reason I am not taking evening appointments at this time.
If you have any other questions not listed here please email me at: MarieReverieDesign@gmail.com